So this would technically be my very first home-related DIY post. It certainly wasn't a difficult or lengthy project by any means. All we did was take a door off its hinges and replace it with a curtain that I made out of some fabric from JoAnn's. BUT IT'S STILL DIY, so I'm blogging about it :)
Ev and I have been living in my grandfather's house for just over a year, so what we've been able to do in terms of spiffing the place up is pretty limited since 1. it's not ours and 2. this place is old. Like storm windows with rope and pulley old. Don't get me wrong, I love this house, but if it were mine the list of improvements that need to be made is pretty outstanding I'm not even sure I could handle it.
This is one of those moments where I wish I had taken photos of the room we've been occupying before we actually moved in. Let's see how good I am at painting a picture with words... ahem... the big room on the top floor once belonged to my dad and uncle when they were kids. It still looked that way with two antique wooden twin beds, a dresser that belonged to my great-great grandmother, dusty books on built-in shelving, and an area rug nearly the size of the whole room. All of which had not been touched in... many years.
One redeeming feature of this room is the walk-in closet. It's a beaut.
So there's the super exciting story of how we upgraded our closet. The end.