Pages - Menu

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Who says you can't go home?

Disclaimer: This is a photo heavy post. Can you tell I'm homesick? Also all the pictures are mine. Don't take 'em.



The seasons are changing. I'm settling in to this new normal. And my heart is torn between two places. The place I spent 99% of my life and this new place where we grew our family. This new place is growing on me but there's nothing like home. In just over two months we are going back for a short 10 day visit. I'm afraid it will be too hard to leave.

When I think about New England I think about colors. I think of bright greens and sky blues and crimson, amber, chartreuse. No, really. Chartreuse.



I never really let the beauty and uniqueness of New England inspire me. That is, until I was on the verge of leaving it behind for a much more different landscape. Then I opened my eyes a little wider and fell in love with the things I didn’t expect. Sure, I love the beaches and the charming downtowns of certain North Shore towns.



I enjoy the twisty turny streets along old routes and revived roadways. I had lived 24 years in this place and it took me that long to stop focusing on what else was out there in the world, and focus on what was right in front of me. I could drive to the mountains anytime, to the ocean anytime, to the country anytime, to the city anytime. 





Friends, family all within reach. And a great city. One that I know better than any other city.



And the back roads that take you from town to town, piecing together a region, a community that is such a part of who I am. I can't get it out of my mind.

I'm comfortable here. But...


I long to be back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment